If I was Goddess of this planet, I know there would not be too many people left because I would certainly first be the angry Goddess and unleash some wicked wrath. Here are my votes for which sinners to wipe out first in the next Flood …
1. Anyone who starts a war in the name of religion, revenge, oil, personal or national gain or encourages the start of a war, manipulates the media and public opinion to get a war started or votes for the start of a war.
2. Anyone who has murdered anyone.
3. Anyone who has raped anyone.
5. Anyone who has tortured or beat people or animals.
6. Anyone who harms others or advocates harming others due to their race, religion, sexual orientation or sex (I think this one takes out about 50% of the planet, if not more)
7. Any executive or voting shareholder of a corporation who puts greed and sickening amounts of profit ahead of the well being and fair pay and treatment of their workers or the health of the planet in their production of goods.
8. The majority of Wall street traders (most of which would fit item 7 given half a chance).
9. Politicians who abuse their power and use it for personal gain.
10. Lawyers and judges who are out for a buck, ambulance chasers, the ones who persist the ‘sue them’ mentality creating a society built on petty greed and no personal responsibility.
11. Anyone who does not accept the simple concept that a political governing democracy does not have to go hand in hand with raging out of control corporations and capitalism, and does not accept that for reasons of public well being, industries need to be regulated and that a ceiling on profits via stepped tax brackets helps control people who would otherwise fall into catagory 7.
12. Anyone who thinks that littering the planet, poisoning the planet, pollution, wasteful or harmful manufacturing practices, animal testing of cosmetics etc. are ‘required’ for ‘free trade’ to ‘succeed’.
13. Anyone who advocates or practices factory farming, destroying the souls of people and animals in this hideous practice.
14. Anyone who will not agree to become vegetarian (yep, I am Goddess and you must respect that one of the first things told to Adam and Eve was that in the garden of Eden Man was given all vegetables and fruit and was told ‘for you these shall be meat’.).
15. And to show just how bitchin’ cool I am – you don’t have to believe in me to be saved. If you are ‘agnostic’ but believe in moral right and wrong, agreeing with these points that’s just fine as well. Whether or not you think your soul will continue on after death is your business – as long as you do no harm in living your life, no harm will come to you.
While the Goddess is at it, I feel like adding on some additional punishment for special cases. Paedophiles and torturers of innocent people and creatures will not only be wiped out in the Flood – they will first be skinned alive by a fierce sandstorm, and then covered in salt for about 90 days before being wiped out in the Flood.
The million or so people who remain after this cleansing Flood (probably lots of Buddhists, Hindus, Humanitarians and Unitarian Universalists) will create a wonderful society of people who are tolerant, helpful to each other and the planet, who care for their fellow creatures without exploiting them to death on factory farms and who are shepherds of the planet rather than rapers of the planet, who believe in values beyond money and personal financial gain. But from time to time if they start to stray too far, I as Goddess would not let it get to the stage we are at now before unleashing another ‘cleanup’.
Edna the dog, baby Benjamin who was left to starve to death for eight days while his parents played video games and so many other innocent tortured, murdered creatures – you will get healed and be reborn, and can join the new improved planet and live out your lives as you should have originally done.
This is what I pray for quite often.